Structural Engineering Design
O’Regan Associates Ltd provides a comprehensive range of structural engineering design services across a wide range of project types. Typically the design service would encompass the following;
• Site investigations and preliminary ground inspections.
• Initial scheme design of the proposed structure and foundations to identify a range of structural solutions and subsequently identify the most cost effective/buildable solution
• Detailed design of the selected structural solution to produce all information for construction purposes, including all details and schedules.
• Construction supervision involving periodic inspections during the course of construction with the issue of inspection reports to the project client or project administrator.
Our Structural Engineers have extensive experience in the following areas;
• Multi storey portal frame type structures up to 50 metres clear span (factories, shopping units, and sport centres).
• Institutional buildings with exposed structural elements in concrete, steel, timber and glass.
• Refurbishment and alteration of existing buildings with particular emphasis on conservation or original building fabric and structural elements.
• Full range of foundation types, strips, pads, ground beams, piles and deep rafts/pile rafts.
• Gravity and embedded cantilever retaining wall structures.
• Basement structures to four storeys in depth.
• Temporary works associated with basement construction, façade retention and scaffolding/falsework construction.
• Tower crane/mobile crane bases,
• Temporary gantry structures.
O’Regan Associates Structural Engineering Staff are supported by a full range of design software and CAD facilities.